Monday, August 17, 2009

Twitter craze?

I never really understood Twitter. I have to admit that. Then, I read Newsweek, Time, various news sites and discover that Twitter is the new "thing". People tweet the minute details of their mundane lives, ensuring that their "followers" have real-time updates about the whereabouts and activities of the tweeter. I can find that useful in two ways:

1. You've been kidnapped by terrorists. At least, you tweeted where you were a few minutes ago. So when your followers don't receive your next tweet in the next 10 minutes, they'll know something is terribly wrong and notify authorities. You are saved by Twitter!

2. "I would like to know what Dan is doing at all times of the day so I can admire him from afar!" - Hundreds of "Dan" fans

Of course, most people I know only tweet once a day (like me), but then I think "Why not just use Facebook where even more of your friends will know for sure what you're up to?"

I heard that Iranians protesting the recent election actually used Twitter massively in their revolt. Twitter is a huge, uncontrolled network, so people would tweet real-time updates to their rebellious activities and "warn" others. Of course, because it's not moderated, many tweets were probably erroneous and inaccurate.

I have a Twitter. Dan, you big hypocrite.

FOLLOW ME: http://www.twitter.com/dankimbap

ALSO, I set it up so that my twitter updates when my blog updates. I hope it works!

4 comments:

Padfoot240 said...

Why not just post your Twitter feed on the side of your blog? Mine works out pretty nicely.

Michelle Park said...

Hahaha I read that TIME article, too...it almost convinced me. But unless you're a celebrity or major corporation or something, I don't really see the point of having one other than simply to BE part of the "next big thing" =/

Uaramazing said...

I must make a slight adjustment to your calculations, as they are incorrect, and we can't have that for all your fans to see.

So you have: "a hundred 'Dan' fans", multiplied by 3, squared, added to 601, square rooted, and then divided by 301.

That leaves us with...one. Cool, and way more accurate.

Good day! :)

Unknown said...

DAN! i miss you too!
i guess girls just want to learn more. hahahah take care my friend :)