Monday, October 26, 2009

Nothing is Sound

Starting Junior year has been a wildly interesting ride. I came into this year with expectations and new responsibilities. Now, I'm an "upperclassmen", meaning I'll be thrust into the light of leadership as I become a small group leader. The schoolwork is manageable; I quit my lab to free up some time; the PPH internship is really opening my eyes to a future I may want to pursue; and I almost got fired from the police department. All-in-all, I would say it's been a strange month. 

I've been struggling with something I've never struggled with before. And trust me when I say this. I'm struggling with meeting new people and being open and friendly. Before, if someone asked me to describe myself, I would consider myself a friendly and approachable person. I try to be, knowing how it feels to be rejected by someone who appears aloof. But I've struggled a lot this past month trying to be welcoming to freshmen. I think I only really know like 3 people. I really don't know what's up. Maybe I don't care to meet new people? Am I just lazy and complacent?

I guess it's true when they say college really does change you. It's just kind of funny when you see the change as it happens.

2 comments:

Padfoot240 said...

Dude, I'm writing a post on this same thing!

I'm making a new Church Home here in Irvine and it just feels weird.

Unknown said...

You'll learn from every experience, no matter how major or insignificant it seems.

I agree that college does change a person. I came into school thinking I would "find myself" but that has yet to happen. I know you'll overcome everything you encounter though!

Danny, I haven't seen you in forever. It's almost your birthday!

Follow me too :)

-Jo