Thursday, September 18, 2008

Can I kick it?

I know I'm doing something wrong if I become too comfortable in this life.

We're made apart from this world. Meaning we'll never find true rest and peace in our lifetime, which really scares me. Knowing that society tells you to pursue happiness via financial success, families, and inner peace and acceptance; we know better.

Don't you wish you could be comfortable? Just sit back and kick it. Let life pass you by, nothing tugging at your heart to take action and do something about the brokenness of this world.

But alas, God calls each of His chosen to go forth, spread His word, create disciples, reach out to the lost, and fight for truth.

- Dan

1 comment:

Sarah said...

reminds me of this quote from brave new world (went on a old-entry-search-rampage-on-xanga to find this):

"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin."

"In fact," said Mustapha Mond, "you're claiming the right to be unhappy."

"All right then," said the Savage defiantly, "I'm claiming the right to be unhappy."

"Not to mention the right to grow old and ugly and impotent; the right to have syphilis and cancer; the right to have too little to eat; the right to be lousy; the right to live in constant apprehension of what may happen tomorrow; the right to catch typhoid; the right to be tortured by unspeakable pains of every kind."

There was a long silence.

"I claim them all," said the Savage at last.

Mustapha Mond shrugged his shoulders. "You're welcome," he said.