Tuesday, September 9, 2008

This is the future sound.

In my summer agenda, here's what's left:

- Wicked Musical _Tuesday, September 09
- USC visit _Wednesday, September 10
- UCSD KCM Servant Team Retreat _Thursday-Saturday, September 11-13
- Traffic School _Monday, September 15
- Early Move-In _Friday, September 19

I only got a week and a half left before I move back in to San Diego for my 2nd year! I must say, I'm pretty psyched to go back and see all my friends and hang out till the wee hours of dawn. I hate to admit this, but I miss going to class and learning and doing something productive. I miss NOT being productive on purpose. Ah! Sophomore year brings new challenges and new struggles, but also more good times. So bring it on!

I was so blessed last night at the bonfire at Dockweiler. We were singing praise and praying for various topics. We were being somewhat loud so that the neighboring pits could hear what we were saying/praying/singing. I thought we were being pretty annoying, but it was quite the opposite. A man named David and his friend/brother(?) Alex and his daughter came over and they listened to us sing 4 songs and pray. He told us that he was really touched by what we were doing and saying. It got to his heart somehow. David told us that he was not a believer until that moment he witnessed us proclaiming our praises to God. 

This was simply an amazing moment when I saw God moving physically in our world. What I thought was us just singing praise and praying around a fire was actually God using us powerfully to reach out to two lost souls in the fire-pit next to us. God worked in their hearts so that they would listen carefully to the words we said. Something stirred in their hearts.

Did you feel the mountains tremble?

Did you feel the people tremble?

And we can see that God you're moving, a mighty river through the nations.

It reminds me of John 13:35 when Jesus tells his disciples that the world will know that we follow our Lord because of our love for each other.
 Apparently what David witnessed was something he had not seen something before, fellow brothers and sisters of Christ lifting up praises and prayers in one voice because of our love for God and each other.

- Dan

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow. dan. this entry is so wonderful. i just told my roommate this story and she had the same reaction: wow.

praise God.
let's praise him
in our thoughts
in our actions
in our words

<3