Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Lining is Silver

Trying to live life without God feels empty.

This, I learned throughout high school; back when I thought I could do it on my own, throw off my "religion" yoke and finally become immersed in this huge, diverse world. People will have you believe that your vision is clouded and you are narrow-minded if you continue to cling onto this childish belief in a God. And for a time, I agreed. I felt, who are Christians to judge this and that, just because their God said so? It didn't make sense.

But call it the God delusion. Call it the God gene. Try to attribute the spiritual highs to abnormal physiology or elevated emotion. Tell me that I'm just finding an excuse to not deal with my problems by so easily trusting in my God. SAY IT. I'm being unrealistic.

But I can't live without God. He gives me a peace that the world cannot provide. The comfort I get from God, I can't find in anything else, not my accomplishments, not even my friends and family, nothing. Knowing the extent of His grace, knowing His LOVE. How can I not rejoice?

How can I not worship?

1 comment:

johncadengo said...

The lining is silver.

But the curves are gold.