Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sing, Sing, Sing

Time flies.
There's barely any time to relax when there's so much to do. Many items clutter up my to-do list. 

I seriously despise math. Why did such a stupid subject have to become the "language of the universe"? I've heard countless reasons why math is such a fun and good subject. 

"It's straightforward!"
"There's always an answer."
"I love solving problems!"

I disagree heavily! I hate it. It's so rigid that there's no room for much creativity. You got the formulas. You have the progression of steps necessary to solve the problem. There is no room to go wild, no room to experiment. The answer is either right or wrong or unsolvable. 

What a stupid subject.

I'm just bitter because I suck at math. I'm redeeming myself with this 2nd round of Math 20B. The midterm is on Friday (Which is tomorrow, joy!) and I have to pass this sucker to have confidence of passing the class (finally). 

I'VE BEEN HAVING A THOUGHT LATELY.
It's been bothering me a lot. It's something I pray about these days because I need comfort. I need to be put in my place. I need to quell my pride.

I've always been frustrated with not being able to change people. You have a friend who indulges in certain things and you know it's not good for him or her. You want to tell him or her to stop without sounding too preachy or judgmental. I want to tell him that he shouldn't do the things he does because he knows better. He knows Christ, so he should definitely know better. His reasons are petty. His justifications are weak. I talk and talk, probably sounding preachy.

But I get sucked back into reality, when I realize a lot of my words fall empty upon his unopened ears. He goes and does it again and I'm just pissed. Do you not understand what I'm trying to say?!?

All the reasons seriously make so much sense in my head and my heart.

Then I realize, it's GOD who changes hearts. I should be praying for him, not trying to change him with methods of persuasion and solid arguments. I can give the best reasons in the world, but it can mean nothing to him because his heart isn't ready to hear it and accept it. And only God can break down and mold a sinner's heart.

I wish I could change and help people. But that's my pride talking to me, saying "Hey Dan, you have power to shape people's lives if you just say the right thing!"

Yeah right.

Pray for me.

2 comments:

Uaramazing said...

I hate math too, solely because if you don't know the answer, you can't make it up and jirarl your way through. And I'm pretty good at jirarl, so if I pursue math as a major, all my jirarl talents go to waste...

Padfoot240 said...

"And make music with the heavens!"