Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thank You for Hearing Me

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays.
Yes, I suppose it helps my birthday coincides with it.
I suppose it doesn't hurt to mention that Thanksgiving celebrations imply a succulent feast with a juicy turkey, creamy mashed potatoes, sweet cranberry sauce, stuffing, and soft pumpkin pie. 

I guess it's easy to miss the point of thanksgiving.

We should ALWAYS have a heart of thanksgiving.

I'm thankful for my family. They're always so supportive. And even when I don't show them that much love, they never fail to show me love anyway. They are my FAMILY. 

I'm thankful for my friends. You guys are the reason I am able to go on. When the times get tough, I'm glad to say I have brothers and sisters in Christ all around me to help pick me back up.

I'm thankful for my God. He provides. He is sovereign. Nothing in my life is my own. Perhaps to a non-Christian, that sounds defeatist, self-depreciating, and all-in-all, quite depressing. But I find so much joy in knowing that God has His hand over me. If I were on my own, I would succumb to darkness and eventually to my ruin.

If God is for us, then who can be against us?
If God gave us the ultimate gift of salvation through His one and only son, then what wouldn't He give us??

Sometimes, I think we just need to OPEN OUR EYES. We moan and complain about not having this or that. But do you really know what it is to have nothing? I don't believe so.

Thank you God.

1 comment:

nasus mik said...

although this post was a nice, encouraging and, almost, rebuking, i have a problem with it.

besides the fact that this is the ever so cliche thanksgiving post and that its boring for my taste, i have a problem with the word and interpretation of your "nothing."

what is it to have "nothing"?
i think "nothing" can be different for everyone. what nothing is to someone who is poor and starving may be the fact they don't have enough money or food to eat. however, nothing can also be (something as seemingly not as significant and visible) as a person who doesn't receive "enough" love from family and friends...worse yet, don't have family members.

for you to say that one doe not know what it feels to have nothing...that might be almost of a (sorry and you're welcome to say cause i'm your friend) stupid and ignorant thing to say...because "nothing" surely doesn't mean the same thing to me as it does to you.

but happy late thanksgiving.
i'm thankful to have a friend such as you.