Sunday, February 22, 2009

Love Jealous One, Love

I feel like the most embarrassing things happen to me fairly often. I always tell people that I can write an amazingly thick book about my awkward moments. Today was no exception. I had a "guy's night out" with Erection (Eric Shin) and Sheldon (Eugene). We originally planned to just hang out at Fashion Valley and perhaps window shop, go eat at Onami's, and call it a night. But due to my spontaneity and penchant for having fun, we did so much more.

We couldn't find Fashion Valley. I completely forgot it was off the 163, so I instead drove down the 8 East. Becoming suspicious, I called Tristina to clarify the location of Fashion Valley. She told me to take the 163 south, get off Friars. Okay, good stuff. I turn back, 8 West and get on the 163 South. My face soon became etched with chagrin as I found myself driving in the streets of Downtown San Diego towards Balboa Park. Definitely not Fashion Valley. Sheldon and Eric began to fume with anger and yelled at me for not being able to find directions well. I texted Tristina saying she gave me the wrong directions and she apologized profusely. That girl.

So we never found ourselves at Fashion Valley but instead went to Mission Valley where Onami's was. We hung out at Target. And stuff. This is where the real story begins:

We were in Puptastic (or whatever, it was one of those "trendy" dog stores, like Barkworks) and Eric was goo-goo-eyed over the puppies. While he was preoccupied, Sheldon waved at me and we silently left the store. Laughing to ourselves, we chanced upon a photo booth and thought "Let's make Eric jealous by taking hilarious pictures and rub it in his face that we had so much fun!"

So we did.

However, the machine was confusing. And I tried to choose the "best friends" theme, but instead the machine chose "lovers" for us. As if it weren't inappropriate enough, the machine decided "sepia" was the best scheme, although we wanted "color". Sheldon and I took the four pictures, one of them being a hand heart. 

The pictures look legitimately gay. Like, damn, if you didn't know us, you'd think we have the hots for each other. Sheldon, yummy. 

We go to Onami's and everything's fine. The food is fantastic. But I leave my pictures on the table after we leave. I realize this when we've been out for about 10 minutes already.

I go back to Onami's and don't find the picture on the table. 
"Um, excuse me, did you-" Without even letting me finish, the waitress gives me a strange look and says "Yeah, I put it in the front". She gives me another look and I'm feeling very hot in the back of my neck all of a sudden.

"Excuse me sir, the waitress told me that -"
"Yeah, here." 
The host looks at the picture and hands it to me, again, giving me a very quizzical and forced accepting look. I snatch the picture from his hands and literally run away.

Sheldon points and laughs, but realizes he's in the picture too and we're both so very fruity.

The end.

p.s. Watch Coraline; I loved it! 8/10

3 comments:

johncadengo said...

<3.

Uaramazing said...

Ahahaha
I enjoyed this.
I really did.
And I don't say that about many blogs.

Unknown said...

It's okay Dan...
I can sympathize.
I tried to go to Fashion Valley and made various detours to the zoo and such. :)

ps. i say you and sheldy look beautiful together.